Thursday, February 21, 2013

Shiny! New! Mine!

I've been posting an awful lot of tweets about what adventures I've been getting up to in the kitchen recently. I think being unemployed gives me a helluva lot of time to actually THINK about what I want to cook, but not much $$$ to spend on ingredients.

Do you cook more when you have the time to? I definitely go through phases of "I want to eat less sugar, I'ma cook more" or "I crave ALL the baking, I want to bake more" or "it's Summer and all I want is salad and steak and omelettes, every day". So I'd say my relationship with cooking is definitely fraught, I'm currently living in a flat without my expensive designer pots and pans so it's SO MUCH HARDER to clean up after cooking.

I do a fair amount of cooking at the #dudefortress where the lovely Asher lives with the lovely Simon and occasionally the lovely Sam. I don't even try to cook for Sam the three year old, all he wants to do is toast crumpets and eat them with chocolate sauce and broccoli. I KNOW, RIGHT? Asher has more refined tastes, so I've been cooking heaps of mashed potato (when I buy some herbs to pot out, I'm looking forward to mash/herb combos) and sausages (Commonsense Organics do some amazing gluten free sausages, Wellingtonians).



No comments:

Post a Comment